Young Arts Leaders’ Ontario 150 Mentorship Program
Internship Positions: Project Coordinator & Communications Coordinator
2 Part-time, contract positions
Salary: 22.5 hours per week at $16/hour
Period: Monday, March 20 to December 29, 2017
AOE Arts Council is a dynamic, bilingual not-for-profit arts service organization that has been working with Ottawa’s arts community for 30 years to connect, champion and collaborate to bring resources together that build a thriving and sustainable sector. With over 400 artist and arts organization members across the Ottawa region, it offers programs, services, opportunities, partnerships, shared resources and an informed voice to advance the local arts scene.
The Arts Council is offering two special internship positions: Project Coordinator Intern and Communications Coordinator Intern.
These interns will assist the Program Manager and members of the Young Arts Leaders Collective in developing, launching and implementing a special youth arts career mentorship project made possible by the Ontario 150 Partnership Program. They will also support activities addressing the needs of the Arts Council’s membership and the overall local arts community in Ottawa.
- University or College Diploma preferably in the areas of communications, business, arts administration or a specific discipline (Visual Art, Multimedia, Theatre, Music), or other equivalent work or volunteer experience.
- Communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Capable of working independently and a commitment to a team environment
- Strong people skills and the ability to adapt and work with others
- Customer service, relationship building and networking skills
- Basic experience with arts event management and online tools
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to timely and effective completion
Closing Date: Monday, March 20, 5 p.m.
TO APPLY: Please send your resumé and cover letter indicating your internship preference to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Youth Internship Position.
AOE Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer with offices at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness and engagement. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.