Apply for an ARTicipate Project Grant!
The ARTicipate Project Grants Program enhances artistic activity at the Shenkman Arts Centre by supporting high quality programming in all disciplines through grants awarded to local artists and arts organizations that will be presenting or exhibiting their work at the Shenkman Arts Centre.
Specifically, the ARTicipate Project Grant Program supports:
- Presentation and exhibition of high quality artistic work in the Shenkman Arts Centre
- Local artists and arts organizations of all levels and disciplines
- Access to Shenkman Arts Centre spaces to non-resident artists and arts organizations
- English, French and bilingual artistic activities in the Shenkman Arts Centre
- Collaborative projects involving more than one artist and/or arts organization.
Applicants must be based in the Ottawa Region and have a mandate to present artistic programming or have an artistic practice.
Funding is awarded for the presentation and exhibition of high quality artistic work in the Shenkman Arts Centre by local artists and arts organizations based in the Ottawa Region.
There are two Project Grant categories:
- Project Grants for local Ottawa artists and arts groups who are presenting or exhibiting at the Shenkman Arts Centre.
- Visual artists can also apply to exhibit their work in the LaLande + Doyle Exhibition Space at the Shenkman Arts Centre.
2017 Deadline: May 26, 2017Project Grants Guidelines (PDF) Project Grants: Application form (PDF) (Word)
Project Grants:Application form Lalande+Doyle Exhibition Space (PDF) (Word)
“With an Articipate grant, I will have my very first solo exhibition – a milestone that has been decades in the making. I will use the funds to prepare and frame paintings and photographs for formal exhibition, and print special postcards to advertise the show,” says Chinh Nguyen, visual and media arts artist.
About the ARTicipate Endowment Fund
The ARTicipate Endowment Fund provides grants to Ottawa artists and arts organizations to create and showcase quality work at the beautiful Shenkman Arts Centre in Ottawa’s east end. The Fund also supports programming by the Centre’s Resident Arts Partners: AOE Arts Council, Gloucester Pottery School, MIFO, Ottawa School of Art and OYP Theatre School.
The Fund was created in 2007 with the generous support of donors and the Province of Ontario and is stewarded by AOE Arts Council, a registered charity. Funds are securely invested jointly with the City of Ottawa Treasury. Since inception, $431,194 has been disbursed through 110 grants to local artists and arts organizations. The ARTicipate Fund is proud to take a leadership role in providing funding to support the creation of local and original work.
Want to donate to the Fund and assist local artists? Donate Now!