AOE Arts Council
AOE Arts Council is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that supports, promotes and develops the practice and appreciation of the arts in Ottawa.
Formerly known as the Gloucester Arts Council, AOE was incorporated in 1987 as a bilingual, not-for-profit membership organization. Since its inception, the council continues to evolve in response to the needs of its membership and the community it serves. Membership now includes over 85 arts organizations and many individual members, representing well over 20,000 individuals.
AOE is at the heart of innovative programming and partnerships that inspire and assist hundreds of arts organizations and individual artists who create and present the visual, performing, media, and literary arts in our community and who contribute to our cultural landscape.
AOE believes that the arts are an essential element of community life. This belief is the basis of its mission.
OUR MISSION is to support, promote and develop the practice and appreciation of the arts in Ottawa.
OUR VISION is to carry out our mission in a vibrant community that nurtures, values and celebrates artistic potential and expression.
- Diversity in all things
- Creativity is essential to our city
- Culture must be accessible
- High standards of excellence
- Community involvement in the arts, as individuals or organizations
- Partnerships in which people work together in support of the arts
- Communication as a means of fostering understanding
- Communication in both of Canada’s official languages
- A strong arts community: Support the development of artists and arts organizations.
- Community participation & public awareness: Encourage increased public participation and community involvement in the arts and develop public recognition of the arts as a key element in a thriving city.
- Effective Communication: Effectively communicate timely information relevant to AOE members and the community
- Accountability: Manage AOE’s resources wisely to promote organizational growth and ensure financial stability.